Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS), also known as Willis-Ekbom Disease, affects one in ten adult Americans. This syndrome typically causes overwhelming and unpleasant urges to move the legs when attempting to sleep. If you think you have RLS, schedule an appointment to have a consultation with Dr. Chung.
• Do you have a strong desire to move your legs when you lie or sit down?
• Does the urge to move your legs feel impossible to resist?
• Would you describe your symptoms as unpleasant, creepy-crawly, creeping, itching, pulling, or tugging?
• Does this desire mostly occur when you resting or sitting still?
• Does giving in to the urges (moving your legs) make you feel better or calm down the symptoms?
• Are your symptoms mostly at night?
• Do your symptoms keep you bed partner awake?
• Are you tired or unable to concentrate during the day?
• Does anyone in your family have similar symptoms?
• Have visits to your regular doctor revealed no physical cause for your discomfort?
If you have the symptoms above, don’t be ashamed - come to us for personalized solutions. Dr. Chung can provide you with ways to manage your symptoms that will integrate with your lifestyle.