Sleep apnea causes you to stop breathing briefly, yet repeatedly while you are sleeping. This sleeping disorder is typically characterized by a 10 second or longer pause in your breathing while sleep.
This pause is caused because the muscles in the back of your throat fail to keep the airway open.
• Chronic snoring
• Difficulty concentrating
• Sexual dysfunction
• Learning and memory difficulties
• Falling asleep while at work, on the phone or driving
• Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Treatment—relaxation therapy, stimulus control
• Corrective medical devices
• Education of why it's important to correct Sleep Apnea and IE stroke